Patch 3.3.3 Post Launch Summary
Patch 3.3.3 is now live on all realms and as such, so are the elemental changes. I’ve spent some time testing on the dummies this morning but I want to postpone drawing any solid conclusions until I get to raid tonight.
I have spotted at least one undocumented change however and although merely graphical, it’s very welcomed for many elemental shamans I suspect.
For those who chose to go the route of crafting the Lightning-Infused Leggings, the model of these has now been changed to be identical to the Sanctified Frost Witch’s Kilt. No more look like a druid for you!
My initial thoughts are that the changes should put us in a strong DPS position in raids. I’ve been pulling between 7k and 8.3k on the dummy this morning. The latter using heroism and obviously, there are some RNG factors. That’s a definite increase from when I lasted did any extensive dummy testing and didn’t include food buffs or flasks (for reference, I was using the Glyph of Lava).
As a final reminder for any raiding elemental shamans out there who are still unsure of the changes or how they effect you:-
- Flame Shock’s damage over time component can now crit by default.
- To account for the above, the glyph of flame shock was changed to give an increased critical strike damage bonus by 60%
- Glyph of flame shock is no longer worth using. Replace it with either glyph of flametongue or glyph of lava
- The four set tier ten bonus is now very good. If you have avoided it until now, get it as soon as possible
- Haste is now affecting your Flame Shock ticks
- Be aware that the above means you will be Flame Shocking more and your rotation may feel slightly different than pre-patch
Have fun raiding and I’d be happy to hear all your thoughts on the elemental changes today.